[mythtv] Failed DVB recording

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 7 17:35:08 UTC 2005

Quoting Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu>:

<massive snip>

> I'm a bit less sure about this now - if you look at the log it shows
> a delay of around 6 seconds. I think the reason is that you can't
> actually usleep for 500us - the minimum time you can sleep for will
> be with 1/100 or 1/512 seconds depending on your kernel and processor.

> So in my case I am sleeping for 3000 * 1/512 seconds, or 5.86 seconds.

> I'll just have to see if increasing the iterations does help or if
> there is a more fundamental problem.

In regards to all of this it could be one of 2 things:

1. Drivers not properly opening section filtering for the PMT PID requested..
2. Myth not doing cleanup when closing Section Filters..

I have NEVER seen this with my cards (Happauge Nova/Nexus, Skystar2, Air2PC, and
(briefly used so far) pcHDTV2k)..

What cards are you using again?  Are the Full Feature cards or software
filtering cards?

Taylor