[mythtv] Problem with Via VLD XVMC display and DVB recordings in current CVS: Gaps in video and audio

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Thu Apr 7 20:06:44 UTC 2005

Hi,

The current MythTv CVS version of MythTV has a stange problem with
display on my Via M10K box which uses Via VLD XVMC hardware MPEG decode.
The Via M10K box is a simple client with a separate server containg DVB
cards.

Myth CVS after 2005.03.30 has this problem.
MythTV CVS before 2005.02.20 is Ok.

If I watch an old recording, all is fine.
If I watch live TV or a new recording the video and audio seems to
have continuous gaps (about 4 per second) resulting in unwatchable/
unlistenable output. This results in a start/stop display.
There are no special messages from mythfrontend.
Watching using another system using software MPEG decode and Xv output
all is fine.

Could some change to the DVB code have resulted in an MPEG stream that
the Via MPEG hardware cannot decode correctly ?

Any ideas ?

Terry