[mythtv] Problem compiling mythmovietime

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Fri Apr 8 15:19:50 UTC 2005

Michael J. Lynch wrote:
> Tom Lichti wrote:
>

>> Well, I started with a stock KnoppMyth installation (which has myth
>> installed in /usr) and from the very beginning I've always used
>> /usr/local as the prefix when compiling from CVS. Should I remove the
>> old debian Myth packages? I haven't had any problems up to now with
>> compiling my own stuff.
>>

> If you have old copies of myth header files in /usr/include/mythtv
> they will get used instead of the ones from /usr/local/include/mythtv
> because of the search order used by the compiler.  This also applies
> to /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib.
>
> If you don't want to risk anything, just rename /usr/include/mythtv
> to /usr/include/mythtv.old.  Also, move anything /usr/lib/libmyth* to
> some safe place.

And we have a winner...moved /usr/lib/mythtv, /usr/include/mythtv and
usr/lib/libmyth*, recompiled, and it finished. Can't test it just yet
(although...I could forward my X session to work...) but I will tonight.

I'm surprised that I didn't have more problems with my compiled binaries
though. I have had a couple of odd issues, but nothing major, or worth
reporting. I'll recompile everything and see how that goes. It could
explain why I can't get XvMC to work though.... :)

Thanks!
Tom