[mythtv] Question on UIImageType::LoadImage()

Herman Kuiper herman at frontier.nl
Sat Apr 9 11:33:00 UTC 2005

Hi,

My Mythbox is more or less running as I would like it, but for one thing:
when selecting (e.g.) "Listen to music" from the menu, it takes up to 15
seconds for the mythmusic GUI to appear.

I've done some digging through the code, and found that in the end, loading
the images for the GUI was taking a significant amount of those 15 seconds
(I'm running on GANT 1280x768 on an EPIA M10K).

I've got one question on UIImageType::LoadImage() though: somewhere in that
function, there is

    if (m_force_x == -1 && m_force_y == -1)
    {
        QPixmap *tmppix = gContext->LoadScalePixmap(filename);
        if (tmppix)
        {
            img = *tmppix;
            m_show = true;

            delete tmppix;
            refresh();
        }
    }

followed by code that checks to see if the requested image is in one of
several other directories. However, I would think that after gContext has
successfully loaded the image, there is no need to look any further. To
test, I put a "return" just after the refresh() in the above if(). My load
time decreased from 13 to 3.25 seconds, and mythmusic still looked just
fine.

As I'm probably missing something: what?

	Herman