[mythtv] Re: [experimental patch] vbi decoder for IVTV cards

Martin Barnasconi mythtv at barnasconi.net
Sun Apr 10 20:59:05 UTC 2005

> Alas, it was one of my first attempts; the TV detects something like
> teletext but gives me a "Page not available" message.
> Maybe I'll post this question in the ivtv-mailing-list, to ask them if my
> TV should be able to give me teletext from the VBI-passthrough. I know that
> there's still some development going on there...

try this:
 enable embedded teletext (ivtvctl -x 1 -b teletext), then run
'cat /dev/video0 >/dev/video16' and then run 'util/vbi /dev/vbi4'. vbi4 is
the device that outputs the embedded VBI data. The PVR-350 is responsible for
extracting it from the MPEG stream, and the driver transforms it to the same
format as /dev/vbi0.

the vbi-passthrough done in util/vbi is not yet integrated into mythtv
playback. Guess we just have to look in the util/vbi passthrough routine and
copy-paste the it somewhere in the player (avformatdecoder).

Martin