[mythtv] mythFM madness.

Jason M. Sullivan jsullivan at nc.rr.com
Mon Apr 11 17:01:48 UTC 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 11:51:36AM -0400, Colin Smillie wrote:
> On Apr 11, 2005 11:19 AM, Jason M. Sullivan <jsullivan at nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > A little Googling led me to the sources for mythFM, and I started making a
> > stab at getting it compiled, if not working.  The compile bombs out with
> > the following message...
>
> Can you send around the link to download mythFM?  I tried to google it
> but there appeared to be a few versions.  Its not in CVS so I imagine
> is relatively immature.

http://digitalboy.mythtvtalk.com/files/mythFM-0.15.1-src.tar.bz2

That's what I found after the googling.

> > PS: Wouldn't it be great to have some sort of python interface to the
> > MythTV system.  I'll admit to knowing nothing (yet) about the internals,
> > but it seems that for low requirements things like this, and the weather
> > pluging that's going to require recompilation everytime a web address
> > changes, it would be ideal.
>
> I was thinking about the other day with respect to Freevo.  They seem
> to have a good python based UI and maybe it could be modified to be
> used as a frontend for Myth.  From what I've read they've had a number
> of issues with backend too.

I'm not interested so much in the UI as making new modules with python, so
that compilation isn't so much of an issue.  MythWeather and MythNews seem
ideal candidates for this (not that they don't rock already, of course).

   ////           Jason M. SULLIVAN   jsullivan at nc.rr.com
  |c-oo                  http://www.jason0x21.org
   \_-     "That's not music, that's just sound!" - J. David Fries