[mythtv] MythMusic follow-up

Mark Setzer mark at setz.org
Tue Apr 12 01:01:04 UTC 2005

Guys,

I know you're all busy with the 0.18 release, but I'm a bit of a newb
and would like some guidance if somebody has a minute to point me in
the right direction.

In short, it looks as though the mythmusic plugin (which I'm compiling
from last night's CVS) is not being linked properly. It plays mp3s, but
scanning for new music that includes (unencrypted) AAC files crashes
the frontend. The frontend log has the following types of messages:

mythfrontend: relocation error:
/usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so: undefined symbol:
NeAACDecAudioSpecificConfig
mythfrontend: relocation error:
/usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so: undefined symbol: NeAACDecOpen
mythfrontend: relocation error:
/usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so: undefined symbol:
NeAACDecAudioSpecificConfig

How do I track down the problem? I've got FAAD 2.1 beta installed and
everything seems to compile okay...

Help, please.

-Mark