[mythtv] mythtranscode and "commflagged"

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 12 04:04:14 UTC 2005

I've just started playing with transcoding of television (HD-3000)
shows, so for now I'm just doing it manually on selected shows, to
play with the quality settings and seeing what kind of disk space
savings are realized.

I noticed something about commflagging that I think is a minor bug:

	- I have my show set to be auto-commflagged after recording.
	  This sets the "commflagged" value for the show in the
	  "recorded" table, and I see the commflagged icon in the
	  "Watch Recordings" UI. If I try to skip around commercials
	  when playing back the recording, everything behaves as
	  expected.

	- Next, in "Watch Recordings", I pick the show and start
	  transcoding with the "Job Options" popup menu. Transcoding
	  completes (verified with the mythbackend.log and a change in
	  filesize). However, the "commflagged" value is still
	  non-zero (reflected in the "Watching Recordings" UI, and
	  also present in the "recorded" table).

	  But if I try to skip commercials when playing back the
	  recording, the OSD says "not flagged".

Should mythtranscode be clearing the "commflagged" value of a
transcoded show, or is recording playback not quite working with
commercial-skip on a transcoded recording?

I only just noticed this, so I haven't tried re-flagging the
transcoded program, but I imagine that probably puts things right
again, unless commflagging is somehow sensitive to the encoding of a
recording.

Thanks,
--Rob