[mythtv] Audio sync problem with recent CVS build

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Apr 12 13:52:25 UTC 2005

In message <b75f78d70504120630e6a4201 at mail.gmail.com>
        Robert Johnston <anaerin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 12, 2005 2:58 AM, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
>
>> I've done some investigating now and it seems that despite
>> glXQueryExtensionsString indicating that GLX_SGI_video_sync is
>> supported any call to glXGetVideoSyncSGI or glXWaitVideoSyncSGI
>> will fail.

Actually although they do return false they do actually seem
to work - if I keep calling glXWaitVideoSyncSGI to wait for the
next retrace then each time it returns after 20ms (1/50s) with a
maximum variation of about 33us.

I am using the 7174 drivers now though and I was using 6629 when I
tried it with Myth the other day.

> Something else to check while OpenGL Sync is being initialised is that
> VSync is turned on. I know the NVidia drivers can change wether VSync
> is turned on or not independant of the application (In
> NVidia-Settings).

I did try fiddling with those settings and it made no difference
to what glXGetVideoSyncSGI/glXWaitVideoSyncSGI returned.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/