[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Thu Apr 14 02:57:24 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 21:52 -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 April 2005 08:50 pm, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
> > This adds some work-around code for the fluxbox window manager. You need
> > to uncomment an appropriately named define at the top of tv_play for the
> > hack to take effect.
> I don't think this is acceptable for a release, really.  The old code didn't
> have this problem, so things should either be fixed, or reverted.

Ok, I'm a little sleep deprived at the moment, but I made a put a better
fix in CVS. Basically the problem is that fluxbox lies to Qt about
window locations when running in borderless mode. In the old code this
only led to an off-by-one error once, and then we placed the window in
the same off-by-one location over and over again. In the new code we
allow the user to move the window and we don't reset that location
everytime they return from watching a video. This is much nicer for
desktop operation, but it also exposes us to the off by one error every
time that we save and restore the window location.

The new hack snaps the MythTV window back to its original location
if it's within 3 pixels of the original location in both the x and y
coordinates.

-- Daniel