[mythtv] Configure Script & 64bit Libraries

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Fri Apr 15 02:46:55 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 08:48 +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 02:28:47PM +0100, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> > I mentioned last week on the user list that the new configure script does not
> > do any checking of the 64bit library path (/usr/lib64/ or /usr/local/lib64/)
> > - as a consequence it cannot find the necessary libs to enable Lirc, xv, XvMC
> > on 64bit installations.
> >
> > This seems like something that should be fixed before the release of 0.18.
>
> Which ugly distribution requires this? On Debian, the libraries are just
> in 'lib' (though there are some lib64 -> lib symlinks).

Heh.  That would be FC3 x86-64 edition.  Without any empirical data, I'd
say that lion's share of myth users use it, since many follow Jarod's
guide.  Which would mean that Axel would need to fix it for packaging
anyway... Better to catch it upstream, eh? ;)

Don't get me wrong - I'd rather the configure script enumerated the lib
path from /etc/ld.so.conf or something... that would be cleaner... of
course, now you're probably going to want a patch or something. ;)
Maybe I'll get around to it, but it isn't itching right now...

	-I