[mythtv] Re: Configure Script & 64bit Libraries

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Apr 16 13:00:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 12:37:41PM -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 16:24 +0100, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> > Patch attached. My editor trims trailing whitespace from lines and I think
> > that is the cause of the differences on some lines which were unrelated to my
> > changes.
> >
> > With the changes configure detects the lirc, xv and xvmc libs without trouble
> > on my system.
> >
> > Feel free to amend the patch as needed.
>
> I went ahead and "did the right thing" and check all the directories in
> ld.so.conf. It's in CVS, but I didn't want to make that kind of change
> just before release.

Not all directores in the search path are there, a typical Red
Hat/Fedora Core installation won't even mention @libdir at . From ld.so(8):

       The shared libraries needed by the program are searched for in
       various places:

       o      [...]
       o      From the cache file /etc/ld.so.cache which contains a
       compiled list of candidate libraries previously found in the
       augmented library path. [...]

       o      In the default path /lib, and then /usr/lib.  If the
       binary was linked with -z nodeflib linker option, this step is
       skipped.

I.e. you will miss all libs on RH/FC.

Would it make sense to have a proper autoconf setup? lib/lib64
detection etc works fine there. What do you think? I have the
impression that we might be reinventing the wheel.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net