[mythtv] A/V Bug in CVS from 12:00am 3/27 to 12:00am 3/29

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 16 17:22:22 UTC 2005

Quoting Greg Grotsky <spikeygg at gmail.com>:
> On 4/15/05, John Pullan <john.pullan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Could you let us know what recorder options you are using ?
> > e.g PS or TS mode how many audio tracks etc ?
> Wow!  That was the correct question to ask!  How did you know??!  I
> was using PS mode and there was only one audio track on both broken
> channels.  When I changed it to TS mode the audio is much smoother
> with both stations and it recognizes 2 audio tracks.  I did notice
> that occasionally while switching stations the audio would cut out
> completely and not come back until I ESC back to the menu and re-enter
> livetv.  The wasn't ever an issue with PS mode.  Is there a fix for
> this?  I'm already using the "Extra Audio Buffers" option and I don't
> have "Aggressive Sound Card" selected.

The problem with the vanhsihing audio in livetv (in TS mode) is in mpegts.c, but
I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.. The streams are properly added to the
file / ringbuffer, but when they are played back the streams happen to be
removed in 2 places, so when you change channels they are removed and never
added back if they happen to use the same PID.. You can try commenting out the
av_remove_stream() stuff in avformatdecoder.cpp which seems to fix it, but I
still am not happy with the way mpegts.c handles pmt versioning, so I haven't
committed anything yet..

Try commenting out the av_remove_stream() code in avformatdecoder and using ts
mode and report back if that fixes your problem.. If so I might commit a patch
to remove that stream removal stuff since its really borked..

Taylor