[mythtv] 0.18 Choppy audio and video on some uk freeviewdvbchannels

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Mon Apr 18 06:58:47 UTC 2005

Roger James wrote:
> John,
>
> Thank you, setting "Use Hardware MPEG decoder" fixed the problem.
>
> I guess that either hardware decoding was being used by default on my
> previous build, or a problem has been introduced into software decoding in
> recent CVS commits.
>
> I would not like to hazard a guess as to whether the problem is on the
> record or the playback side of the equation.
>
> Roger
>

>>I set the "Use Hardware MPEG decoder" option in mythtv-setup to fix this
>>problem. Before setting this I had the same problem with the 350 though
>>the
>>video plays back ok in mplayer and if you disable the use of the 350 for
>>playback (which was how I watched a recording that was like this).
>>I haven't tried switching to recording TS to see if that helps though.
>>
>>John

Hi,

I have similar issues when using XvMC VLD HW MPEG decoding.

In my case DVB-T channels with more than one audio track cause
problems. Setting the DVB-T card's setting "HW Decoder" works
around the problem.
See my bugzilla bug: 272 at: http://www.mythtv.org/bugs,
or my mail thread:  Problem with Via VLD XVMC display and DVB

In my case I can watch PS recordings that have the two audio tracks
if I set MythTv to use standard Xv display with software MPEG decode.
So it appears to be an AVSync bug in libavcodec or libmythtv that
appears when XvMC is used ...

Terry