[mythtv] [myth-dev] Mythtools

Ryszard ryszard99 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 14:12:30 UTC 2005

Hi all,

As some of you may have seen on the myth-user list, i've created a
couple of tools which are quite handy in the context of mythtv.

there are now three tools:
vidupdate - go and get metadata from tvtome for mythvideo
sync - do mythvideo syncronisation without the need to go via the mythfrontend
nextairdate - get the next airdate for a series

the tools are written in perl, and i've had a bit of feedback from the
mythusers suggesting
bug fixes and features.

I've recieved a request to include it with imdb.pl so that if imdb
cant find something, then
perhaps vidupdate could (from tvtome).

I'm wondering if this can/should be included wth mythtv in some way,
and if each release
could be hosted somewhere myth related, and if i can "officially"
integrate this in some way.

I'm not sure of the best way fwd here, and am more than happy to
recieve advice whether it be telling me to "piss off", or pointing me
in another direction.

regs
Ryszard.