[mythtv] FastForward & Rewind with UK DVB

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 18:20:13 UTC 2005

I originally started a thread in the Users mailing list regarding this issue
but it didn't get much attention

When FastForwarding or Rewinding greater than 3x speed the image breaks up and
often locks up - I need to stop rewinding/fastforwarding to unlock it. During
this time the console is full of "prebuffering pause" messages - 5+ a second
if I were to guess.

I'm in the UK, using latest CVS, a Nova-T in PS mode (although TS mode is the
same) and without XvMC. Using XvMC does improve things but the OSD flicker is
a major problem.

Recordings transcoded to MPEG 4 work fine, the image is uncorrupted and I can
reach max speed in either direction without a lock-up.

I'm unsure if this behaviour is expected or if it is a bug.

My machine in an AMD Athlon 64 2800+ with 512Mb PC3200 Ram and a Geforce 4
Ti4200 (latest NVidia drivers).
--
Stuart Morgan