[mythtv] 0.18 Choppy audio and video on some uk freeview dvbchannels

Ian Dall ian at beware.dropbear.id.au
Tue Apr 19 03:55:47 UTC 2005

Taylor Jacob writes:
 > OK Everyone who is finding this problem please do the following:
 >
 > 1. Change to TS mode.. I refuse to support PS mode anymore.. It already has
 > known issues with getting lost on AC3 streams when the signal glitches..
 >
 > 2. Comment out the av_remove_stream() code in
 > libs/libmythtv/avformatdecoder.cpp.. This is most likely the source of the
 > audio going silent in livetv..
 >
 > 3. Tell me if you continue to see this problem.. So far 1/1 people have had
 > success with this fix..

This doesn't work for me. I think maybe I am seeing a different
problem (albeit with very similar symptoms). I used to be able to
watch live tv from DVB with software decoding smoothly for standard
definition. Now I just seem to be running out of CPU (1 or 2%
idle). This is a 1.2GHz Via C3.

Maybe I should play with optimize settings. I notice that everything
got compiled with -march=c3-2 -O3. It used to be -Os. Maybe -Os workes
better.

Alternatively, did something change to make the code less efficient?

Ian