[mythtv] Bug? HD-3000 DVB driver timestamps

Tue Apr 19 05:16:30 UTC 2005

I switching from the V4L2 HD-3000 drivers to the DVB HD-3000 drivers on
Wednesday, 13 Apr 05.  While they seem to work fine, commercial flagging
suddenly seemed broken.

At first I assumed that some change had been made to the commercial
flagging code, but then I noticed that a show which should have a length
of 1h 1m, was indicating that it was 1h 5m long.  The commercial
flagging was consistantly off in the same way -- the begin marker was
always a bit before the actual commercial, and the end marker was always
a a bit before the show started up again.  The amount of time between
the detected commercial marker, and where it should have been, grows as
the position in the show increases.

There were no blank frames anywhere around where the commercial flagger
indicated the markers should be.

I decided the problem had to be with the DVB HD-3000 driver, so I
switched back to the V4L HD-3000 driver on Sunday, 17 Apr 05.  Since
then my show lengths have been acurate, and the comercial flagging has
gone back to being near perfect.

To give you an example of what I am talking about, here is a list of
detected comercial markers compared to the actual position:

detected        actual      difference
0:07:51.09  --  0:08:20.09     0:29
0:17:21.22  --  0:18:25.22     1:04
0:20:26.16  --  0:21:42.16     1:16
0:30:38.29  --  0:32:32.29     1:54
0:33:55.23  --  0:36:01.23     2:06
0:45:33.24  --  0:48:03.24     2:30
0:49:25.05  --  0:52:27.05     3:02
0:58:41.01  --  1:02:01.01     3:20

It kinda looks to me like the commercial flagger is using the "real"
keyframe positions, but the seektable is off, so when played the wrong
part of the show is skipped.

Any ideas why the seektable slowly gets more and more off with the DVB
driver?

Thanks,

John