[mythtv] 0.18 Choppy audio and video on some uk freeviewdvbchannels

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 19 17:09:07 UTC 2005

Quoting John Harvey <john.p.harvey at btinternet.com>:
> I guess related to this is what do i gain or lose by
> setting the use hardware flag ie why do i not want to
> set it or is it off by default because it doesn't work
> for some hardware?

The Hardware option is because some dvb cards with hardware decoding require
being opened a different way than just raw pes mode.. For example my nexus
cards require the hardware option where as my other cards don't care either
way..

> Would i be better off setting the extract TS and
> switching off the use hardware (if that works)?

TS Mode stores the Transport Stream as its sent over the air.. Its a simple way
of storing the data, and also allows things like subtitles, etc to work with
multiple languages where as PS mode will not..