[mythtv] Dumb question about tv-out and audio on Nvidia cards

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 21:54:45 UTC 2005

I have a dumb question about tv-out on Nvidia graphics cards.

I currently run via the tv-out on a PVR-350. This setup routes the audio
from the PVR-350 hardware mpeg decoder via the S-Video socket on the back on
the card and on into my TV speakers

My dumb question is. If I setup tv-out via a Nvidia Geforce4 card and use
XvMC will it route audio via the connector on the back of the Nvidia card in
the same way, or does the NVidia mpeg decoder just do video.

Roger