[mythtv] Video Output patch v13

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Wed Apr 20 20:43:08 UTC 2005

Terry Barnaby wrote:
> Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 20:19 +0100, Terry Barnaby wrote:
>>

>>> I have just tried compiling MythTv from CVS 2005-04-19 with this
>>> patch for a Via M10K system with XVMC VLD.
>>> I get the compiler error:
>>> videooutbase.cpp: In member function `int
>>> VideoOutput::DisplayOSD(VideoFrame*, OSD*, int, int)':
>>> videooutbase.cpp:975: error: 'class OSDSurface' has no member named
>>> 'GetRevision'
>>

>> You need to do a cvs update.
>>
>> -- Daniel

> Hi Daniel,
>
> I have just compiled and installed MythTv with this patch, here is
> some feedback:
>
> TV Client: Network boot Via M10K connected to TV with SVideo,
>     Unichrome drivers. Using XvMC VLD HW MPEG acceleration.
> Server:    1G Celeron system with twin DVB-T cards
> Software:    Fedora core 3 with updates 2.6.10-1.770_FC3 kernel
> Comparing with:    MythTv CVS 2005.04.14
>
> 1. It seems to generally work fine. The system seems a bit more
>     responsive when watching live TV or recordings.
> 2. The little in picture video display when in "Watch Recordings"
>     selction screen is very messed up. Very slow video and appears
>     as if displayed with a wrong colour map ...
>     CPU usage here is 98% + ...
>
> Looking good ..
>
> Cheers
>

> Terry

Hi,

Actually, going back to MythTv CVS 2005.04.14, it also uses quite a lot
of CPU while displaying the small video in  "Watch Recordings", not
quite the same level as with the patch (about 90% versis 98%).
The picture does stutter, but the colours are correct.

It appears that MythTv may be doing software decoding when displaying
the small video in "Watch Recordings". It think it may have always
done this from my original XvMC VLD implementation, but I am not sure ???

Terry