[mythtv] Video Output patch (incl. Windows & OSX) v11

Ian Dall ian at beware.dropbear.id.au
Thu Apr 21 00:56:34 UTC 2005

Daniel Kristjansson writes:
 > On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 00:08 +0930, Ian Dall wrote:
 > > I have just tested this with current cvs and get the following problems:
 > >
 > > Live TV doesn't work at all with or without xvmc:
 > Did this work with V11? If not, which version of the patch broke this
 > for you?

I backed out the xvmc patch and rebuilt. The Live TV problem remains
(ie is NOT due to this patch).

 > > Watching recorded video does work, but if I try and do anything interactive
 > > (fast forward, change volume etc) the OSD comes up briefly, then mythfrontend
 > > dies with a SIGSEGV. This is quite repeatable. The log is not very interesting
 > > in this case. It shows a few "Prebuffer timeout" messages then dies.
 > Please get a backtrace...

OK. I guess I need to do a "debug" build to get a meaningful
backtrace.

I've been following this for a while, and it is difficult when the cvs
base is continually evolving to relate cause and effect, but patch 4,
with the cvs at that time (around April 8) was a peak in useability/stability.

Ian