[mythtv] DVB channel won't scan

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 25 17:04:56 UTC 2005

Quoting Trey Boudreau <trey at treysoft.com>:
> No.  I put in what I meant.  I (the original poster) can't get the
> channel in question to complete the scan so that I get a usefully
> populated database for this channel.

> I'd appreciate any clues on faking a table entry (or pointers about
> where to hack in default audio and video PID).

There should already be an entry in dtv_multiplex for this channel, so you will
need to make entries in the table "channel" for each virtual channel on that
station.. You will need to set the field "serviceid" to the mpegts program ID
of each station.. You also will have to make mplexid point to the entry in
dtv_multiplex that is the station in question..

That clear as mud?  I clearly need to make the scan fall back onto mpegts
scaning when there is something wrong with the network. I am seeing way too
much of this reported that I had expected..

I still would call the station in question and raise hell until they tell you
really what is wrong..

Taylor