[mythtv] Mythmusic visualizations lagged??

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Apr 28 06:23:07 UTC 2005

> Is it me (or my machine), or do some of the "better" mythmusic
> visualizations (Goom, synaesthesia, bumpscope) seem to lag the
> playback music by 1/2 - 3/4 of a second?  Mad props to the folks who
> wrote Goom....it's an awesome visualization, but it doesn't seem to
> get along real well with slower machines.

Hmm, shouldn't do?  The code is supposed to account for that, but you
could be right...  Need to provide more info...

> I also noticed that Goom likes to segfault mythfrontend when played in
> full-screen mode for any more than a minute or so, but runs fine when
> in the mythmusic window.

Yep, bug introduced in the last big goom update... If you read back in
the list we can trace the segfault, but it hasn't proved easy to find
out why it's occuring...

Do you have a funny non-square screen and have used the X displaysize
variable to set the proper DPI?

Ed W