[mythtv] streaming and scheduling

Ian Jackson ianjackson at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 1 14:11:37 EDT 2005

Hi,

Right now, I just added a simple script to the cron daemon to execute
streamripper at the appropriate time. As far as being a job vrs a
calender,  in certain cases it is tied to a  calender. For instance,
this idea has came about because here in Canada, I enjoy CBC Radio 3 on
Cbc Radio 2. I'm not always home.  It streams every Saturday between
1930-400 EST.. I'd like to provide a mythtv interface, so i can schedule
this sort of event. As I understand it, Myth jobs are for batch items
like transcoding etc, not for time specific events.. Is this correct?

Ian