[mythtv] EIT not working (was: Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r6968 by danielk)

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Tue Aug 2 14:35:41 EDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 08:06:57PM +0200, Adam Egger wrote:

> I also have two different pc with svn myth and both without EIT. It
> worked last week, so I think I'm running into the same problem you're
> having, Stuart.
> Is there a way to debug missing EPG data? It works in kaffeine and
> tv_grab_dvb is ok too, so it looks like a myth problem but I just
> don't have an idea how to find out the reason for the missing EPG
> data.

I've narrowed it down to the fact that a signal is emitted when
event data is arrived, but it is never received by eithelper, because
for some weird reason, the signal & slot are not being properly
connected in the Qt magic.

I'm beginning to wonder if it is related to external factors.
I'm running Debian testing, gcc-4 is installed but gcc-3.3.5 is
used for the build, and xorg from unstable. What are you running on?

Stuart