[mythtv] EIT not working (was: Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r6968 by danielk)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Aug 2 16:01:31 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 20:19 +0100, John Pullan wrote:

> > > Okay, with the segfault fixed it does download EPG data.
> > >
> > > Off to do more research....
> >
> > Hmm, then should just be able to connect the SIParser in
> > dvbchannel with the EITHelper...
> >

> The siparser in siscan needs  it's pid tables set up, see the attached patch :

Ah, this explains the need for FillPMap() in the your patch the other
day. Anyway, wouldn't this break EIT on ATSC streams? I think it
makes more sense to get rid of the SIScan altogether for EIT and
just connect the SIParser in dvbchannel directly to the EITHelper
class. That way the SIParser is always properly initialized, and
there isn't all this unrelated EIT stuff in the SIScan class.

I'm chasing down that problem with MPEG-TS stream changes right now.
As soon as I solve that I'll look at this EIT issue.

-- Daniel