[mythtv] Support for reading DSM-CC object carousels in 0.18.1

John Papaioannou john.papaioannou at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 08:14:50 EDT 2005

> The university doesn't claim ownership over anything written as part
> of the dissertation does it?

I don't believe so, but this is actually what they call an "industrial
project" suggested by Philips Semiconductors. My supervisor is in their HQ
at Southampton. Philips are interested in this being released as open
source, so...

Other than that it sounds like you have got a bit further than I
> have at integrating the Object Carousel.

I have to admit that I 've taken some shortcuts because all this is being
done _very_ hastily. Mainly I 'm ignoring some cases that are legal
according to the standard but simply don't appear in any stream I 've seen.
This saves a lot of trouble over memory allocations etc.

Today I 'm going to code parsing of the BIOP messages found in fully
downloaded Data Carousel modules. I 'll post code in a few days when it's
sort of working overall.

Jon