[mythtv] A bunch of new features for Myth developers?

johan kdks johan.verien at lycos.com
Thu Aug 4 05:13:55 EDT 2005

I made a post in the users list about plutohome.com, another open source project that incorporates MythTV.  It has huge potential to add new features and functionality to MythTV.  However the integration with Myth isn't as good as it should be.  It has basic integration, you can control Myth through the mobile phone remotes, and it works with the home automation modules; ie turn on Myth and the TV comes on and lights dim, leave the room and after 20 seconds or so it shuts everything off.  But it doesn't incorporate the Myth add-ons.  Also the Myth setup and configuration isn't integrated--you have to switch between Pluto setup and Myth setup all the time.  I sent them an IM chat and they said they haven't received any interest from the Myth team, but that they are working with the VDR team who has been quite interested, however VDR is only for DVB satellite cards.  Is there any reason the Myth developers haven't wanted a tighter integration?  It seems like there's a perfect match between MythTV and plutohome so I can't figure out why I don't see any mention of it.