[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7013 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Aug 11 18:53:22 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 19:05 +0100, John Pullan wrote:
> I still have a number of issues with the full scan :
>
> 1) Adds far too many transports, i.e one for each frequency. This
> fundamentally because tune transport is always returning true.
Another way of seeing it, is that it is because of how we react to
tune transport, we shouldn't insert the transport in the DB until we
get an NIT...
I didn't fix this because I didn't get reply from you on my request
that you test the new scanner patch I sent you. Commit 7014 adds that
code, but you need to undefine USE_SIPARSER to test it.

> 2) Only ever adds main frequencies and not offset ones
This is on my TODO list, just after problems #1 and #3.

> 3) Adds duplicate channels. usally the last set of channels to be
> added get added again
I'm aware of this, but I couldn't find the cause when I looked for it.
If you could debug this....

There are also some new problems with ATSC over DVB after the last set
of DVB over DVB fixes. The full scan still works, the Tuned scans are
broken in ATSC Land. I think this has to do with the siparser's
FillPMap() state.

Anyway, these last few channel scanner commits aren't fixing any bugs.
I'm just adding the few bits still left in the "New Scanner" patch.
Most of it was already in SVN, and few the bits left were the ones that
make it compatible with the signal monitoring patch.

-- Daniel