[mythtv] Timestamps on backend log

Preston Crow pc-mythtv05a at crowcastle.net
Fri Aug 12 16:38:51 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 12:27 -0400, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> Preston Crow wrote:
> >I've noticed that the backend log doesn't have timestamps, but the
> >frontend log does.  Would it be a big deal to add them?

> Anything output with VERBOSE has a timestamps regardless of which app
> made it.  What logs are you referring to?

I'm referring to /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log.  I'm running it from
the Gentoo scripts, and ps reports /usr/bin/mythbackend --daemon
--pidfile /var/... --logfile /var/... --verbose none

Changing /etc/conf.d/mythbackend to set MYTH_VERBOSE to "all" I see a
bunch more messages with timestamps, but the ones without timestamps
that I was seeing before are still interspersed in there.

It looks like at least some of the examples I'm seeing are from lines
like:  cerr << "..." such as the "Starting up as the master server."

--PC