[mythtv] Solaris Compatible

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Mon Aug 15 01:24:10 UTC 2005

> Will MythTv work on Solaris?

	I spent several hours a few months back trying to get
the frontend to compile on Solaris. I didn't get very far.
Unless you are willing to put hundreds of hours in getting
all the code ported, and getting the Solaris V4L APIs
either working or extended to your particular capture card,
I would give up and do the Linux install.
I recommend KnoppMyth for rapid time-to-watching.

	Just in case 100s of hours doesn't deter you:
http://bt848x.sourceforge.net

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Gentlemen,
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |  you can't fight in here