[mythtv] minor bug in autoexpire.cpp

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Aug 15 02:11:27 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-14 at 13:46 -0400, Preston Crow wrote:
> I've been looking at the verbose output of the logging, and I see a
> bunch of messages like:
> 2005-08-14 13:37:51.752 Found -1 episodes in recording profile 78 using max expiration
> 2005-08-14 13:37:51.756 Found -1 episodes in recording profile 850 using max expiration
>
> I tracked this message down to programs/mythbackend/autoexpire.cpp in
> AutoExpire::ExpireEpisodesOverMax().  The VERBOSE() output at line 422
> is before the query.exec() call.  I believe that the correct code would
> be to move the VERBOSE() inside the if statement, and probably add an
> else() statement with another VERBOSE().
>
> BTW: Should I be writing and submitting a patch?  If so, what's the
> procedure for submitting it?

Just make the change to the current version of the file in svn. Then
do an "svn diff > auto-exp-verbose.patch" from the "mythtv" directory
(where configure is). Then create a ticket at
   http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/
with the description posted above.
Then, after saving that, attach the patch. You can go ahead and assign
this to me. Then I'll look at it and either commit or explain why I
haven't.

-- Daniel