[mythtv] Archiving Shows to DVD

Paul mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Aug 15 10:00:04 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Bene" <martin.bene at icomedias.com>
To: "Development of mythtv" <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 5:53 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv] Re: Archiving Shows to DVD

>Selection of audio streams is a bit of a problem right now. I haven't
>figured out how to find out which stream is which language for
>recordings with multiple audio streams:  So, to at least keep things
>consistent audio streams are sortet by PID, lowest PID first. For the
>DVB Sat stuff I can receive, that consistently gives me mrimary language
>on audio track 1. Looks like that isn't universaly true though.

In the UK the second track is often used for the AD (audio described) track a
special commentary track for the blind/visually impaired.

>Can you post an excerpt from the log with the stream information for the
>shows you selected?

Excerpt from log as requested. Not sure it tells you anything!

All three programs recorded on DVB-t. The first one has good audio
on channel 2 the others have good audio on channel 1. Myth plays the
correct audio track with no problems. Interestingly if I play the original
recording in xine it also finds the correct audio track automatically.

 demux
1% demuxing A/V PES file 1034_20050812120000_20050812123000.nuv
-> found PES-ID 0xE0 (MPEG Video) @ 0
-> found PES-ID 0xC1 (MPEG Audio) @ 61440
-> found PES-ID 0xC0 (MPEG Audio) @ 107858
-> video basics: 720*576 @ 25fps @ 0.7031 (16:9) @ 15000000bps, vbvBuffer
112
-> starting export of video data @ GOP# 0

-> File is Video/Audio/TTX PES
-> demux
1% demuxing A/V PES file 1011_20050812104000_20050812104500.nuv
-> found PES-ID 0xE0 (MPEG Video) @ 0
-> found PES-ID 0xC0 (MPEG Audio) @ 18432
-> found PES-ID 0xC1 (MPEG Audio) @ 61057
-> video basics: 720*576 @ 25fps @ 0.6735 (4:3) @ 15000000bps, vbvBuffer 112
-> starting export of video data @ GOP# 0

-> File is Video/Audio/TTX PES
-> demux
1% demuxing A/V PES file 1011_20050812103000_20050812104000.nuv
-> found PES-ID 0xE0 (MPEG Video) @ 0
-> found PES-ID 0xC0 (MPEG Audio) @ 8192
-> found PES-ID 0xC1 (MPEG Audio) @ 23950
-> video basics: 720*576 @ 25fps @ 0.6735 (4:3) @ 15000000bps, vbvBuffer 112