[mythtv] DVB, Live TV Broken with SVN 7050+

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Aug 24 14:21:36 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 22:58 -0700, Todd Ignasiak wrote:
> I finally got some time to try updating the channel settings..
> The non-PSIP channel had a NULL entry from atscsrcid,  and I changed
> sistandard from atsc to dvb (it was set to atsc from channel scans
> done with previous versions of MythTV).
> Unfortunately, I was still not able to view the channel (ESPN-HD).
I may have a fix for this later today..

> Also,  one possible issue with changing atsc -> dvb:  each QAM channel
> contains two full "channels" of data.  For example, channel 116 on my
> cable system has KNTV-HD, KNTV-W (a low bandwidth SD weather channel),
> and ESPN-HD.    KNTV is an atsc channel, with full PSIP data, ESPN-HD
> does not.    Since the entries in dtv_multiplex deal with QAM
> channels, and not individual programs, this creates a conflict.
Hmmm, you could copy the transport and give it a different mplexid
for the non-PSIP channel.

> The QAM channel scanning is MUCH faster.   It whizzes through those 80
> analog channels..  this is very nice.
> It recognized many more channels now, and it gave many of them
> seemingly random channel numbers.  For example, it added 9152-1
> through 9152-11, 8113-18, 93-1 through 93-9, and others.
It is using the transport id from the cable provider as the channel
number before the "-", and the program number for the number after
the "-". P Milazzo is working on making this smarter.

> On QAM channel 116 (with mixed PSIP and non-PSIP HD channels) it
> didn't recognize either of the channels.
It should have picked up the PSIP channels. It won't pick up
the non-PSIP channels. Do the PSIP and non PSIP channels
have a different transport id? You can print out the PAT
tables by enabling either the record, siparser, or channel
debugging, I forget which.

-- Daniel