[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7144 by danielk

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 17:35:58 UTC 2005

On 8/26/05, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org <mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org> wrote:

> Author: danielk
> Date: 2005-08-26 12:11:24 +0000 (Fri, 26 Aug 2005)
> New Revision: 7144
> Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/7144
>
> Modified:
>
> trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/frequencytables.cpp
> trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/siscan.cpp
>
> Log:
>
> This changes the channel names for channels inserted based on the
> PAT from fmt.arg(tsid).arg(program_number) to freqid#PMT_idx.
> This will insure that the channel number fits in the 5 character
> channum field and having a different and slightly whacky seperation
> character makes it clear that this channel needs to be renamed.
>
> I've also changed some initializers in frequency tables which
> insures the freqid is always initialized. If it has not been
> set we use the mplexid instead of freqid. If you do a full scan
> the freqid will be set.
>
> The whacky character idea is from P. Milazzo.

Daniel, just a FYI... Iff I ever was able to get a clean picture off of QAM,
then 5 characters is not enough for channels from my cable provider. For
example, TNT-HD is "120-300". I could just use the channum as designated by
my cable company (184), but 120-300 is how it shows up on my TV (with built
in QAM/VSB tuner).

Thanks for all your hard work in this area.

John