[mythtv] Update on current DVB problems

Robert-Paul Berretty rp at adonut.nl
Tue Aug 30 19:48:00 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 05:08:09PM -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 20:29 +0200, Robert-Paul Berretty wrote:

> > > This should be fixed in SVN: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/7161
> >
> > For some reason, this appears not be working for me. (svn 7171). I dumped
> > 	    CHANNEL(old_params.frequency);
> > 	    CHANNEL(tuning.params.frequency);
> > just before
> >             bool frequency_unchanged =
>
> Can you try the DVBChannel patch:
>   http://www.cuymedia.net/patches/
> If it works let me know.

I took another dive into the tuning problem. It turns out I can tune to any
channel with a patched svn 7185 (dvbchannel-v5). However, it seems I cannot
subsequently tune to two channels on the first diseqc port (even if they
are on a different transponder!). If I switch from the first port to a channel
on the second, I can actually tune to any channel on the first port that I
like. Even the channel I reported this morning not to work. I can switch
between different channels on the second port. If I force a reset in the
Tune code

bool DVBChannel::Tune(const dvb_channel_t& channel, bool force_reset)
{
    force_reset = true;
    if (fd_frontend < 0)
    {

then tuning seems to work flawlessly. I noticed that the low/high band
offset in the current svn version is actually fixed in the dvbchannel-v5
patch, so sorry about the noise there. It puzzles me what messes around
with the tuner. Tried not to invoke the handle_diseq call when tuning is
not necessary, but to no avail.

Best,

Robert-Paul