[mythtv] SVN version info

Kieron Wilkinson lists at softpres.org
Thu Dec 1 17:08:31 EST 2005

Allan Stirling wrote:
> Add a header to each of the text files in Myth, with the $revision$
> and/or $id$ svn keywords. These are automatically filled in by the SVN
> server on each checkout. For an example, look at

On the current SVN implementation, this expansion is only done if a
client-side setting says so. So every user would have to enable it.
Server-side settings that "push" out to clients is planned, but AFAIK
not until the next major release (2.0).

> During configure (or build), scan a specific place in all source files
> (head -nx) for the highest $revision$ tag. Once you've scanned all
> files, grab the associated date from $id$, then create locally in the
> build tree a .h/.cpp with a singleton version function.

If the above worked, you would just do it with one file, which would
really affect build time.

I believe there are commands to get the revision of your working copy,
but as others said, you may not be building from SVN (so I guess the
answer is to check?)

--
Kieron Wilkinson