[mythtv] GetNextFreeFrame() errors

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Dec 2 15:22:22 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 18:22 +0000, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> Approximately 8min after starting a recording I get 1 minutes worth
> of the following error.
> GetNextFreeFrame() unable to lock frame 100 times. Discarding Frames.
> This is with 8095. Any ideas about this one.

This indicates either that all the frames in videobuffers are marked as
unavailable for decoding. Generally this happens if a GetFrame() type
method is called without a matching ReleaseFrame() type method. If this
happens with when displaying a video you will get a long pause as the
100 retries are performed before proceeding unsafely. If this happens
in the commercial flagger or transcoder it just spams the log with these
messages. Knowing which is causing this could help fix the problem.

-- Daniel