[mythtv] SVN issues

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Fri Dec 2 19:12:17 EST 2005

mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 23:06 +0100, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
>> A problem with this dummy stream is that when it's played on windows
>> it is displayed as lots of colorfull boxes all over.
> By "windows", you mean Microsoft Windows? I didn't know that the
> MS Windows frontend was working.

I was talking about the windows filters i've been coding on.
It's not a complete port of the frontend, it's a few directshow filters that
implements the network protocol and spliter for sw encoded nuvs so playback
of recrordings and livetv works with almost any mediaplayer in windows.

Maybe the dummy stream(s) is slightly different than normal "standard"
streams and that's what causes the windows demuxer/decoder to do bad things.

>> I tried to change the dummy stream by using contrib/mkdummyts.sh but
>> i didn't have much luck with it.
> DummyDTVRecorder.cpp contains a comment listing different ways to
> generate streams. Can you also try breaking up the different commands
> and run one at a time until you can find which one is failing and
> then replying with the output of the particular command that failed?

I'll take a look at it and see if i can figure out whats going on.

>> The streams that come with myth have one tiny box at the lower right
>> corner and because of overscan i can never see if it's using the
>> dummy stream or if its just black for other reasons.
> It's meant to be unobtrusive, but if you can get the mkdummyts.sh
> working you can generate your own streams. My cable provider for
> instance uses a black screen with green terminal style text that
> says something like "no signal detected." when their network feed
> goes out.
>
> -- Daniel

It's definitely unobtrusive since i can't see it on my tv :)