[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r8114 by bjm

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Dec 5 19:44:01 UTC 2005

Isaac Richards wrote:
> What's user friendly about making the user care what input/card it's using for
> livetv?  It shouldn't matter at all - the important thing is what program is
> on, not where it's physically coming from.

If there is more than one source, it matter to know which channels
are and aren't available for the selected input. I added the OSD
message long ago so I could tell what I was looking at when testing
and know what Ys and Cs to press to get to the input I needed.
If the objection is that any message appear on screen when changing
inputs, then displayname=" " should help get rid of these messages =).

As for user friendly, it seems to me that some people may get higher
WAF with "VCR" on screen rather than "2: Composite1" or "Dish Network"
in place of "1: S-Video 0".

>  All this is is an extra setting
> on a page that's already more complicated than it should be.

I'll agree with you there. I've added text to try to clarify that
this is an optional field that does not have to be filled in.

--  bjm