[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r8114 by bjm

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Tue Dec 6 00:05:29 UTC 2005

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 13:35:02 -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> I think it is perfectly legitimate to show which input is selected when
> the input changes. I don't think I've ever seen a TV or VCR with multiple
> inputs that didn't print a message on the screen when you change inputs.
>
> I'd long since done what I want and this change is something to address
> what at least three other people said they want so there is some confusion
> here but I'll take the heat.

For what it's worth, I'm also very happy to see this change in, and am
in the process of updating in order to get it. My three cards are
all showing the same video source but I can never remember which number is
which card. This change will make it much easier for me to see which
card(s) are giving poor reception.

It would be even better if recordings remembered which cardinput they
originated from and that info was available from the osd say. Then when I
get a couple of duff ones it would be much easier to see which card is at
fault. I think someone else suggested the same thing the other day. Still,
that's for another time.

Cheers,

Martin.