[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r8114 by bjm

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Wed Dec 7 00:30:24 UTC 2005

On Monday 05 December 2005 19:54, Isaac Richards wrote:
> Change channels through the epg, then, instead of y&c?  I still don't see
> why it matters which particular capture card & input the video's coming
> from.

i explained why in another email - but for the record

i have 4 cards and the following lineup:

card 1 - tuner   - source 1
card 1 - s-video - source 2
card 2 - tuner   - source 1
card 3 - tuner   - source 1
card 3 - s-video - source 3
card 4 - tuner   - source 1
card 4 - s-video - source 3

what i really would want is to name sources and have a key to cycle
through them (plus the ability to order and define a priority). i really
don't care if i'm getting a program from source 3 on card 3 or card 4. i
do sort of care that i'm getting a program from source 1 on card 1; as
that removes the ability for someone else to watch a program from source 2
(of which i only have one source).

maybe this is way too complicated a scheme, but i'm sure that my setup is
by on means as complicated as some people on this list.

> Why not just display the video source name?  It's already user-created,
> should be unique to a given set of channels, and seems to fit what you, at
> least, would want.

because it doesn't tell me which card and that is important for the reason
stated above

regards
--
simon