[mythtv] updatetimestamp field in dtv_multiplex table unused?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Dec 7 16:23:12 EST 2005

Chris Pinkham wrote:
>>  I ask because as of changeset [8071] dbcheck is using MySQL 4.1.x+
>> specific values when creating the initial database which effectively
>> prevents a new 4.0.x user (and are there any 3.23.x users out there?)
>
> I think this is going to need to be fixed, I thought we were trying to
> maintain 3.23.x compatibility.  All my machines are still running
> 3.23.x and I believe other devs are as well.

Huh? There was no intent on my part. I just loaded a new DB, dumped
it, massaged with Emacs until the backup of a new initialazation
matched the original dump.

: bjm at nordtv ; mysql --version
mysql  Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.14, for pc-linux-gnu (i486) using readline 5.0

So what's an acceptable syntax for 3.23.x?

libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp:2023

- "  `updatetimestamp` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP"
- "                              on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,"
+  ???

--  bjm