[mythtv] updatetimestamp field in dtv_multiplex table unused?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Dec 7 16:37:13 EST 2005

> Chris Pinkham wrote:
> >>  I ask because as of changeset [8071] dbcheck is using MySQL 4.1.x+
> >> specific values when creating the initial database which effectively
> >> prevents a new 4.0.x user (and are there any 3.23.x users out there?)
> >
> > I think this is going to need to be fixed, I thought we were trying to
> > maintain 3.23.x compatibility.  All my machines are still running
> > 3.23.x and I believe other devs are as well.
>
> Huh? There was no intent on my part. I just loaded a new DB, dumped
> it, massaged with Emacs until the backup of a new initialazation
> matched the original dump.

:) Sorry, wasn't trying to imply anything, just wanted to point out that
not only were we not wanting to abandon 4.0.x, we didn't plan on abandoning
3.23.x either.

> : bjm at nordtv ; mysql --version
> mysql  Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.14, for pc-linux-gnu (i486) using readline 5.0
>
> So what's an acceptable syntax for 3.23.x?

Here's what my 3.23.58 system kicked out:

  serviceversion smallint(6) default '33',
  updatetimestamp timestamp(14) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (mplexid)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

That looks the same as when the field was created in schema version 1062.

Want me to email a copy of my mysqldump output so you can compare against
your 4.1.14 version?

--
Chris