[mythtv] LiveTV continues recording after Fronend dies

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Mon Dec 12 00:13:54 EST 2005

Hello list,

My frontend stops responding to my remote in LiveTV occasionally (but
that's a separate issue) and I have to restart the box using the power
button.

Unfortunately, when I do so, the backend doesn't seem to realise that the
frontend has gone away, and merrily continues to record that channel until
told to stop (by restarting the backend process.) This is with SVN 8230.

Is there (or should there be) a check between programs to see if there's
still a frontend listening, before continuing to record the next show?

Cheers,

Jon