[mythtv] AC3/DTS passthru, does anyone see a use for these?

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Mon Dec 12 20:00:37 EST 2005

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

> I asked in commits if someone using these could test the patch on #730 a
> few days ago. But no one seems to have responded.
>
> Does anyone actually use passthru?
>
> If not, removing the passthru feature could simplify the code a bit...

Just as a data point, I use AC3 pass-through to my Onkyo receiver when
viewing high-definition OTA shows, and would be very very sad if the option
went away :). I'm not sure I have any content with DTS encoding other than
DVDs.

I've been running SVN revision 7567 which has been remarkably stable.

Thanks...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson at csupomona.edu
California State Polytechnic University  |  Pomona CA 91768