[mythtv] OSX build issues and patches

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Tue Dec 13 18:21:19 EST 2005

On Dec 13, 2005, at 12:09 PM, David Abrahams wrote:

> Jeremy McDermond <mcdermj at xenotropic.com> writes:
>
>> David --
>>
>> I can't tell you the exact SVN version, but as of Dec 4th, I have a
>> build of the OSX frontend on Tiger.  I made pretty much all of the
>> changes you did
>
> Thank you for your help!  Do you not have commit privileges?  What
> will it take to get the changes checked in so nobody else has to go
> through this?

Unfortunately, no, I don't have commit privileges.  I'm just getting
into the myth stuff myself.  My backend is on a Linux box though.

>> The Xinerama stuff at least, will be contained in /usr/X11R6/lib/
>> libXinerama.dylib.
>
> OK, I'm confused.  I was under the impression that we'd be using
> Qt/Mac, not Qt/X11.  Is that just wrong?

No, I would imagine it should be using Qt/Mac.  I would imagine that
it's probably linked into your Qt/X11 libraries that you had in /sw
and once you ditch those that the Xinerama stuff will go away.

>> Hope this is of some help.  I'm not home for a month, otherwise I'd
>> look at my build environment a little.
>
> I very much appreciate whatever help you can offer!

No problem.  I also think it'd be cool to get a backend running on
the Mac.  I've got a few of them hanging around, and a firewire box
to capture with.  If you need someone else to test your backend code,
I'm sure I can load it up and take a look when you're done.