[mythtv] OSX backend: now what?

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Wed Dec 14 12:38:30 EST 2005

David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> writes:

>> My next shot-in-the-dark guess is to install ccache, but that caused
>> such a time suck the last time I did it that I'm reticent.
>> Furthermore, distcc only worked on the other machine when ccache
>> /wasn't/ installed.  Any clues?
>
> Against my better judgement, I installed ccache (but not
> ccache-default, this time).  It worked!  whew.  I hope when this is
> all over we can capture the knowledge I've gained in some document
> (or, better yet, the script).

So I was expecting some build errors when the backend failed to
compile against the firewire support library, but no such luck (?)
Perhaps the configure script detected lack of firewire support and
just didn't include that component?

I ended up with a mythtvbackend.app, which I suppose needs to be
assembled into a "Framework" the way the front end is?

Being mostly a non-Perl-er and having not done any Mac development
since OS9, I was hoping someone could help me with automation.

TIA,

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting