[mythtv] Autoexpire doesn't remove LiveTV files

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 11:00:23 EST 2005

On 11/24/05, BP <lists at qucae.com> wrote:
> Isaac Richards wrote:
>

> > Wasn't planning on it - the intention was to clear out really short things
> > generated from channel flipping quickly, and then allow the autoexpirer to
> > delete longer ones as it needed space.  If you don't want longer programs
> > cluttering up the listings, though, I think you can switch to the 'Default'
> > program group and they won't show up.
> >
> > Isaac
>
> Does this mean live tv files will not get cleaned up if I have
> auto-expire disabled?  I do not trust a computer to decide which
> recordings I wish to keep and those I do not.  If I miss a recording due
> to lack of space, it's my fault.  That is my preference.
>
> Seems rather annoying if I will now have to do manual maintenance of all
> the live tv files.
>
> Anyone else fall in to this use case?

Yea, I agree with you... and like someone else said, if my disk gets
3/4 full, I start watching shows (usually in time-stretch) or deleting
ones I know I won't watch or don't want to keep anymore.  However, I
guess I also don't mind setting specific recordings to
not-auto-expire.  In the end, the critical shows won't purge and I
usually don't have to worry about filling the hard disk anyway.

Either way, I'm always a fan of more options unless it become too
overwhelming to either use or for the developers to program.

Thanks!
Matt